February 6, 2012

Komen Foundation Defunds Planned Parenthood! but then doesn't...

Have you heard about the Susan G. Komen foundation issue of late, and wondered why I haven't posted about it?  So have I.  I've been pretty busy and I don't have much time to write about it right now (although I've been following it closely, and have lots of thoughts about it that will come later).

For those of you who don't know, here's an earlier article about it when the news first came out that Komen was discontinuing funds to Planned Parenthood.  However, it has since come out that Komen was bombarded so heavily, that they have gone back on the announcement, and I've even heard that they are raising their donation!

The latest news I could find, here's a video:




 
 
and here's a link.
 

If you have any questions or comments, shoot us an email!

P.S. I just read in an email from Planned Parenthood itself (I accidentally got signed up for PP's emails) that $3 million were donated to PP in 3 days!  This was after Komen said they'd stop donating.  The money came from other organizations and individual supporters.  Wow, if you think about it, that's basically $1 million more that they can spend on every abortion they do for the next eight and a half years!  They say the money will go to help breast cancer services that they do (those services are basically fictional), but in reality, that is $3 million they don't have to spend on other services that they can spend on abortions.  This situation seems like so out of our control and so bad that we couldn't do anything to stop any bad that's happening.  Please pray that God will work something good out of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! From encouragement to criticism, please share your mind with us!